Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I want to thank everyone for the donations coming in to the medical travel fund. I am amazed at all of the love, support and well wishes. I am so grateful to all of you. I am stunned.

This started out on the advice from a social worker to have a bake sale. Um Ok, I don't bake. Another social worker advised me to put out coffee cans at the gas stations. I started this out as " Change for a Chance" printed up fliers, taped them to cans. I went to a gas station. No body goes in gas stations nor pays cash if they do go in. What I did get was few gum wrappers and some phone numbers and a pop top. Mayo Clinic social worker sent me forms and on them was to do an online fund raiser

Your help has lifted a tremendous weight and a great deal of worry off of our shoulders. Now I can worry about the appointments instead of the" how am I getting there? "

I am still feeling under the weather but am hopeful that with a better medicine regimen that will change. The good news is... It is still warm and sunny. Warm sunny days always make everything better.

Tires rotated, oil changed, new wiper blades. Check, check and check. Now to pack and not forget the entire trunk of medical records and to quit worrying.

Many thanks and much love to all


Lori and John

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/change-for-a-chance/54349

No comments:

Post a Comment